Petitgrain (Sicily) Essential Oil 5 ml, 10 ml or 15 ml. It is believed to have uplifting properties. Aromatherapists have long used it to calm anger and stress, while it has been used in the skin care industry for acne, oily skin, and as a deodorizing agent.
- Botanical Name: Petitgrain bigarade
- Country of origin: Italy
- Extraction Method: Steam Distilled
- Plant part: Leaves and Twigs
- Scent: Petitgrain (Sicily) Essential Oil smells like orange blossoms with a bitter, floral, citrus and herbaceous undertone
- Strength of Aroma: Strong
- Note: Top
- Blends well with: Bergamot, Cedarwood, Clary Sage, Geranium, Lavender, Lime, Jasmine, Neroli, Orange, Palmarosa, Rosemary, Sandalwood and Ylang-ylang
- History: Originally the oil was produced in distilleries from the unripe oranges when they were the size of cherries. This explains why it is named Petitgrain – which in French means little grains. Nonetheless, this proved to be uneconomical and so the oil began being extracted from the leaves and twigs of the orange tree instead. Cautions: Petitgrain (Sicily) Essential Oil is generally non-toxic, non-irritant, non-sensitizing. Avoid use during pregnancy.